There were reports that surfaced on Friday accusing Atlanta Hawks guard Rajon Rondo of being involved in a parking lot altercation earlier this year.
Despite the reports of the incident, Rondo and his attorney have denied that he committed any wrongdoing in the situation.
“The case is meritless,” Rondo’s attorney Mark D. Baute told TMZ Sports.
“I have seen the videotape. Mr. Rondo was polite throughout the encounter, the claimant was not wearing a mask and was unstable and rude. We look forward to defending the case and winning.”
Within the case against Rajon Rondo, Toktam Jorshari—the woman who alleged that the Hawks star assaulted her—said that she was attacked by Rondo and his girlfriend in July. The incident took place in a parking lot when the veteran NBA guard was still a member of the Los Angeles Lakers.
Jorshari stated that Rondo and his girlfriend hit her, with Rondo giving the “green light” to assault her in the first place. She also said that she suffered long-term injuries from the situation, leading her to sue the new Hawks playmaker and his girlfriend for over $1 million.
It appears that Rondo and his attorney are the only people who have seen the surveillance video of the altercation. After watching the video and remembering how the situation played out, Rondo is confident that he won’t be given any charges.
Of course, only time will tell who is lying between Rondo and his accuser. But before the case reaches a final verdict, the Hawks guard and his attorney don’t believe he did anything that warrants any punishment.
The post Hawks guard Rajon Rondo refutes accusation of shoving woman in parking lot fight appeared first on ClutchPoints.